2017/04/9b1d4__600

Traveling cars might be poised to consider off, yet survey displays Americans need parachute

Soaring cars are starting to look much less like technology fiction nowadays, with huge companies plus small start-ups developing operating prototypes. Nothing’s commercially accessible yet, yet experts state highway automobiles with wings are feasible over the following 5 in order to 10 years.

So what do consumers believe? Michael Sivak and Brandon Schoettle on the University associated with Michigan’s Lasting Worldwide Transport Program performed a countrywide survey plus found:

Almost 2-thirds associated with Americans are aware of the concept of soaring cars — though, strangely enough, 78% associated with men selected were acquainted compared with 53% of women.

Probably the most likely advantage of flying vehicles: shorter vacation time, based on 3-quarters of these surveyed.

Regarding 63% stated they’re “very concerned” regarding flying vehicle safety, however the other 37% said they are not.

How about flying vehicles in overloaded airspace, or even flying vehicles in bad weather? The particular breakdown is comparable.

Flying during the night? Not a problem. Less than 50 % are “very concerned. ”

As for takeoff and getting, most participants — 83% — would choose vertical release to acquiring flight runway-style. (The study didn’t inquire, but earth-bound cars plus truck motorists may really feel even more highly about it. )

Nearly 80 percent said the parachute will be “very” or even “extremely” essential.

SurveyMonkey polled Americans eighteen and old from its surveys takers database plus received 508 fully finished surveys. The particular margin associated with error in the 95% level of confidence for the general results can be plus or even minus 4. 3 portion points.

russ. mitchell@latimes. com

Tweets: @russ1mitchell


UPDATES:

10: 20 the. m. This short article was up-to-date with information on the study methodology.

This article has been originally released at 10 a. mirielle.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *