2014 GENEVA Car Display
Photo credit: REUTERS
Future Item sections
Future Merchandise tables
- 2013 European Automakers: Audi, Bentley, Porsche, Volkswagen
- 2013 Exotics: Ferarri, Lamborghini and Maserati
- 2013 Chrysler-Fiat Potential Merchandise
- 2013 Japanese Automakers: Mazda, Mitsubishi and Subaru
- 2013 Ford Item Programs
- 2013 Korean Automakers Potential Product
- 2013 European Automakers: Aston Martin, BMW, Jaguar, Land Rover, Mercedes-Benz, Mini, Rolls-Royce, Sensible
- 2013 Japanese Automakers Merchandise Strategies: Acura, Honda, Lexus, Scion, Tesla, Toyota, Infiniti, Nissan
- 2013 GM Merchandise Programs
GENEVA — Subaru showcased a “green” notion motor vehicle at the Geneva auto display dubbed Viziv 2 — quick for “vision for innovation” — that hints at a new crossover and feasible substitute for the outgoing Tribeca.
It’s Subaru’s second Viziv notion and follows a similar idea introduced at last year’s Geneva automobile present. The Viziv 2 plug-in hybrid previews design and style language and technologies functioning their way into Subaru manufacturing vehicles and light trucks.
Subaru is developing a 7-seat SUV/crossover that is anticipated to exchange the slow-offering Tribeca, which has a cramped rear seat and restricted cargo capacity. The new car could go on sale inside 3 many years, Automotive News reported in August.
The most recent concept also resembles the redesigned 2015 Subaru Legacy, as effectively as the just lately unveiled WRX STI.
The Viziv 2 has a one.6-liter boxer diesel engine paired with a constantly variable transmission, which sends power to all 4 wheels.
Subaru, a current entrant in the green-automobile market place with the 2014 XV Crosstrek Hybrid, devised an all-wheel-drive program for the idea in which the diesel engine and a single electrical motor power the front wheels even though 2 extra electric motors power the rear wheels.
The automobile utilizes the electric motors for reduced speeds, with the one.6-liter diesel engine kicking in when much more velocity is required, Subaru says.
The powertrain is coupled with a stop-start off method to increase fuel economy. Subaru’s SI-Drive management program has been retuned for the concept’s hybrid powertrain. In Eco Cruise mode, the method works alongside Subaru’s EyeSight safety system to monitor the street ahead and alter engine output to conserve energy.
And the concept’s long overhang is developed to meet pedestrian security needs, especially in Europe.