Foster City, CA (PRWEB) March 10, 2014
A third of drivers lie to their car insurance firms, most often about how a lot they drive or in which they reside, a new survey from CarInsurance.com finds.
Thirty-4 % of 2,000 drivers surveyed admitted leaving out information or submitting incorrect details on car insurance application types. Most of individuals stated they fudged more than one particular reality.
Between the drivers admitting they lied, the most common lies involved:
- Annual mileage: 36.3 %
- Where car is parked: 32.4 percent
- Names of drivers with entry to car: 25.one %
- History of tickets or accidents: twenty.5 percent
- Gaps in insurance coverage coverage: 19.2 %
- School grades, or teen driver’s grades: 18.9 percent
- Anti-theft devices on the automobile: 17.4 %
- Primary type of use (such as company, school or function): 17.3 %
- Education level: sixteen.9 %
- Marital status: sixteen.9 %
- How extended they’d been licensed: 15.8 percent
- Major modifications to their vehicle: 15.6 percent
- Refresher or defensive driving programs: 14.4 %
Guys admitted lying far more frequently than girls did, 42 percent vs. 27 %. Drivers below age 30 were 3 instances far more most likely to submit undesirable information than drivers above 50.
Some lies omit info that would drive up charges substantially.
“Lying about exactly where you park your automobile at evening can radically alter your fee,” mentioned Des Toups, CarInsurance.com managing editor. “A Detroit driver would minimize his charges in half by listing a false handle outdoors the city.”
Other lies are aimed at snagging car insurance special discounts. A great pupil price reduction, Toups explained, averages 15 percent or more in several states.
Those who admitted lying gave 3 really distinct motives for their omissions or incorrect information.
- To conserve money: 63.3 %
- Lack of right response option on insurance coverage form: 28. %
- Felt cheated by the business in the past: 8.6 percent
“If you lie and get caught, you might not be covered for an accident or other incident,” Toups mentioned. “A price reduction won’t matter significantly if your claim isn’t paid.”
Practically half of individuals who submitted incorrect details — 42.8 % — said their insurance coverage organizations later on caught the errors. The survey asked them about the consequences:
- My claim was denied: 33.5 percent
- My premiums went up: 31.5 %
- My coverage was canceled: 25.4 %
- I was sued for fraud: 6.6 percent
- Nothing happened: 2. percent
The total post and survey results can be discovered at http://www.carinsurance.com/Posts/best-insurance-lies.aspx.
CarInsurance.com surveyed 2,000 licensed drivers age 18 and older. Respondents were split evenly amongst guys and women and distributed across age groups and areas. The on-line-panel survey was fielded in October 2013.
CarInsurance.com has been providing drivers expert suggestions about car insurance and how to store for it given that 2003. Making use of a blend of sector knowledge and data drawn from thousands of online estimates delivered with out obligation each month, CarInsurance.com is a supply for unbiased solutions and information about what shoppers should count on from an insurance policy. The internet site lets buyers examine numerous car insurance quotes on the internet and buy a policy on the internet in minutes.
CarInsurance.com is owned and operated by QuinStreet, Inc. (NASDAQ: QNST), a single of the biggest World wide web marketing and media businesses in the world. QuinStreet is committed to delivering consumers and firms with the info they need to research, find and pick the products, services and brands that ideal meet their requirements. The organization is a leader in visitor-pleasant advertising and marketing practices. For a lot more data, please pay a visit to QuinStreet.com.
Press speak to:
Study the complete story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2014/03/prweb11649446.htm