Editor’;s note: This Car Seat Examine is repurposed from our test of the 2013 Nissan Maxima, but our benefits apply to the 2014 model.
Nissan’;s lineup is full of mainstream sedans, but don’;t let the sportiest a single fool you — the Maxima is quite family members-friendly. Accessible Latch anchors and a roomy backseat assisted earn this 5-passenger sedan lots of A’;s in our vehicle seat check out.
A lot more Vehicle Seat Checks
How numerous car seats fit in the second row? 2
What We Like
- The outboard seat’;s Latch anchors sit only about a quarter-inch into the seat bight. It was extremely effortless to connect to the anchors.
- The 3 tether anchors are beneath large plastic boxes on the best rear shelf and are also very easy to use.
- There was a lot of space for our infant seat and convertible seat — no require to move the front passenger seat forward to accommodate them.
- Soon after getting rid of the head restraint, the forward-facing convertible went in very easily and had a lot of area.
What We Never
- After we eliminated the head restraint, there was a lot of area for the booster but the buckles are on floppy bases. This can make it tough for kids to buckle up independently.
- Simply because of the buckle placement, the booster seat sits on leading of the middle seat’;s belt and it truly is effortless for the buckles to slide under the booster seat.
A: Lots of space for the car seat and the little one does not affect driver or front-passenger legroom. Simple to locate and connect to Latch and tether anchors. No match issues involving head restraint or seat contouring. Simple access to the third row.
B: Loads of area. One particular match or connection situation. Some troubles accessing third row.
C: Marginal room. 2 fit or connection issues. Challenging to accessibility third row.
D: Insufficient area. 2 or much more match or connection issues.
F: Does not match or is unsafe.
About Vehicles.com’;s Vehicle Seat Checks
Editors Jennifer Geiger and Jennifer Newman are certified kid security seat set up technicians.
For the Car Seat Check, we use a Graco SnugRide thirty infant-safety seat, a Britax Roundabout convertible seat and Graco TurboBooster seat. The front seats are adjusted for a 6-foot driver and a 5-foot-8 passenger. The 3 youngster seats are put in in the second row. The booster seat sits behind the driver’;s seat, and the infant and convertible seats are put in behind the front passenger seat.
We also set up the forward-facing convertible in the second row’;s middle seat with the booster and infant seat in the outboard seats to see if 3 auto seats will match a kid sitting in the booster seat should be capable to attain the seat belt buckle. If there’;s a third row, we set up the booster seat and a forward-dealing with convertible. To discover more about how we carry out our Vehicle Seat Checks, go right here.
Mothers and fathers need to also keep in mind that they can use the Latch technique or a seat belt to set up a automobile seat, and that Latch anchors have a fat limit of 65 lbs, including the bodyweight of the little one and the fat of the seat itself.
Cars.com photographs by Evan Sears