Editor’;s note: This Auto Seat Examine is repurposed from our check of the 2013 Ford Edge, but our outcomes apply to the 2014 model.
A single of 6 participants in the $ 38,000 Midsize SUV Challenge, the 2013 Ford Edge completed in the middle of the pack. Nonetheless, it scored effectively in our Automobile Seat Check out, thanks to its roomy backseat.
Far more Auto Seat Checks
How many vehicle seats match in the second row? 2, but 3 little one-security seats nearly match.
What We Like
- There’;s lots of area in the backseat for the rear-facing infant and convertible seats. We did not have to move the front passenger seat forward to fit the vehicle seats behind it.
- The forward-dealing with convertible and booster seats also fit nicely and set up easily.
- The seat belt buckles are on stable bases but somewhat recessed into seat-cushion pockets. They sit just higher adequate that the booster seat does not trip on top of them.
What We Never
- The 2 sets of Latch anchors are difficult to use due to the fact they are set large in the seat bight. This created installing practically all the kid-safety seats tough.
- The 3 tether anchors, which are on the seatbacks, are well-marked but below a carpeted flap.
A: A lot of room for the automobile seat and the kid does not influence driver or front-passenger legroom. Simple to find and connect to Latch and tether anchors. No fit problems involving head restraint or seat contouring. Straightforward entry to the third row.
B: A lot of space. 1 match or connection concern. Some problems accessing third row.
C: Marginal room. 2 match or connection concerns. Challenging to accessibility third row.
D: Insufficient space. 2 or far more fit or connection concerns.
F: Does not fit or is unsafe.
About Cars.com’;s Car Seat Checks
Editors Jennifer Geiger and Jennifer Newman are certified child safety seat installation technicians.
For the Auto Seat Examine, we use a Graco SnugRide 30 infant-security seat, a Britax Roundabout convertible seat and Graco TurboBooster seat. The front seats are adjusted for a 6-foot driver and a 5-foot-8 passenger. The 3 little one seats are installed in the second row. The booster seat sits behind the driver’;s seat, and the infant and convertible seats are set up behind the front passenger seat.
We also install the forward-facing convertible in the second row’;s middle seat with the booster and infant seat in the outboard seats to see if 3 vehicle seats will match a youngster sitting in the booster seat should be able to reach the seat belt buckle. If there is a third row, we set up the booster seat and a forward-facing convertible. To learn a lot more about how we carry out our Car Seat Checks, go right here. Mother and father need to also bear in mind that they can use the Latch system or a seat belt to install a auto seat, and that Latch anchors have a weight restrict of 65 pounds, like the bodyweight of the child and the excess weight of the seat itself.
Vehicles.com photos by Evan Sears